Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cooking a delicious meal


Cooking a delicious meal 

Last weekend I documented a dinner I cooked for my Eating San Francisco class.

I made a Shrimp scampi type of pasta with steak and for dessert there were chocolate covered strawberries. 

The pasta consisted of garlic, butter, shrimp, and cilantro. 

 I cooked the steak first because my girlfriend was craving it. It was seasoned with salt and pepper, and cooked to medium rare.

For the pasta I first melted the butter and then put some garlic into the pan. After the flavor of the garlic comes out I add in the shrimp. Shrimp cooks really fast and very easy to tell when it is done. Once the shrimp is cooked I add the pasta. On top of the pasta I drizzle some olive oil. Before it is done, I add in the cilantro, I really like the smell/flavor of cilantro.

The chocolate covered strawberries were made the night before, and chilled in the fridge till dinnertime.

She didn't want to be in this photo because she is a girl... and other stuff.
Just look at the plate in front of her, most of the steak is already gone. 

Enjoying chocolate strawberries and watching Friends after dinner.





1 comment:

  1. Michael, this looks so good. Shrimp is my absolute favorite seafood and so easy to cook, and who doesn't love past. It's the best, and so is cilantro. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete